Increased of fentanyl-laced heroin in Berkshire County
Posted: Friday. May 15, 2020
An increased amount of fentanyl-laced heroin is in Berkshire County. If you, or a loved one, is using please follow these guidelines to reduce the risk of an overdose (OD) or OD death.
- Never use alone
- If you are unable to have a person physically with you, call someone and keep them on the phone while you use, making sure they are aware of where you are and have Narcan out next to you
- If you have no one to call, you can contact https://neverusealone.com/, at 1-800-484-3731, and someone will stay on the line with you
- Have Narcan on you while using
- You can access you can access naloxone (Narcan) without a prescription at all Massachusetts pharmacies, Tapestry, Spectrum, Healthy Steps, and more, Please follow this link for contact information and a more comprehensive list: https://boapc.org/get-help/treatment-recovery-resources/
- Know the signs of an OD and how to administer Narcan:
- Narcan instructional video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGdUFMrCRh4
- If you or your loved one is ready for recovery here is a list of resources:
You can always reach out to BOAPC at [email protected] for more resources or information.